Monday, November 19, 2012

Do We Deserve (only) It?

"These days there are far more pressures and interests in football, far more opportunities to change, so it's unlikely we'll see another Maldini who sticks around for 20 years. You can't compare those days with now." (Franco Baresi)


Yea, writing on the blog is such a pleasure. A pleasure to make me relieve through any this week’s disappointment, many disappointments I’m sure. The best thing about it is, your blog is such your home. A home that makes you safe from everyone who attacks you. Attacks you by sarcasm, attacks you by making you as joke, attacks you by unfairness. This week is difficult enough and as someone who has had terrible madness with football and AC Milan, it’s so normal for I wished Milan would bring something lovable to me to fade all the pains away. And it happened, a little bit different from what other teams brought to their fans.

What they brought is a proof that miracle does exist, no matter how awful the condition is. I’m sorry to write this one, but another day another absurdness. What does Allegri want with this squad? A winning, keeping him safe as a coach, no more “Fired Allegri hash tag on Twitter, a compliments and no critique – yes, he wants those things. But the question is, is this his way to reach what he wants? I mean, he started it with Boateng as a striker. Again, yes again! I don’t even understand how he wasted around nine shoots. Oh well, I understand why it happened. He’s not a striker. To play as a striker will be another name of leaving his talent useless. I’m not kidding. Imagine of how dangerous, how deadly he will if he plays a midfielder. He will be dropdead genius strong. But yes, we talk around Allegri’s logic. I don’t mean that I hate Boateng. No, I like him. He’s good enough, he’s just on the wrong position, on the wrong hands. He deserves anything better than this. Yes, he really deserves.

Well, enough with Boateng and shift the focus to another boy. They were some golden boys there. El Shaarawy, Bojan, Montolivo, Sciglio, Mexes and of course Mr. Really Gentleman Abbiati. They left me breathtaking. Can we clone El Shaarawy? My stupid desperate question when I watched how he played. There is no give up stuff everytime I watch him. A striker who doesn’t only play on attacking, he even makes a lot of precious defenses. Is he bionic? I wished I wouldn’t be surprise with El Shaarawy, but apparently I still did. Napoli beat Milan by the first 2 goals. Heartbreaking. But our brilliant youngsters and newbie whipped their seniors by created something amazing. It took De Sciglio and Montolivo at around 40’ or 41’ to take the horrible Cavani down. And thanks to magical assist from De Sciglio for it began the way for Shaarawy to warn the entire of San Paolo that only final whistle deserves to tell us that the game is over. Napoli 2, Milan 1. I wished that goal would boost the whole team mental. I wished that goal would drive Allegri understand that the point about this absurdness is the failed to maximize what we have. I wished I would yell “WE WON IT!!!” at my crush who I guess doesn’t love me back after the game. I wished after the game I would see how they cherish what I’ve done so far to live their lives up. I wished more and more.

That bitter pill


And then the second half was just started. It got me more nervous. I could barely type some live tweets well. I didn’t ask too much, just no more defeat please. I didn’t ask a victory for I realized we were definitely at 70’ and it wasn’t any player substitution yet. It depressed me why Allegri hadn’t changed Boateng yet until that time and when he made any substitution, for God’s sake he replaced Montolivo. Yes, that Montolivo. A Montolivo who I really want to clone, a Montolivo who proves me how worth it he is, a Montolivo who I wish will break Anderlecht squad this Wednesday. And I thought of that last thing once again. Yea, we need him to face Anderlecht. I looked at his face and found how tired that man. OK Allegri, you made the right decision about it but please change Boateng too. I told it by myself with no voice at all. About so many mad reactions because Allegri decided to replace Montolivo, I got it. As a fan that depended my mood on the final result, I could understand how they felt for it took so many wasted chances. I could understand how they felt for until last night we have conceded out of the box 7 goals, I could understand how they felt to see Bojan got booked for he was pushed by Cavani, I could understand how they felt to see El Shaarawy was the busiest player last night. Ran from the box to the middle to the back and back again to the front of goal. God bless you big, Il Farone.

But finally it happened. Mr. Oh-So-Logical got Robinho in for Boateng. And voila, miracle did happen again! Robinho serviced El Shaarawy well by his assist, our little pharaoh didn’t waste it so yes, Napoli 2 Milan 2. Phew. Another wow thing just happened, Allegri let Niang in to replace the wonder boy Bojan. What an eye catching entrance, Niang looked more like Balotelli. It felt so good, to be honest. Wish it will be a sign that we already have the future Balotelli. His shot in the 86th is a proof that there’s still a chance to make my wish come true. Napoli 2, Milan 2. That’s the result.

The most touching stuff last night


Not the result what I expected, but it’s so much better than any defeat. People may think that I’m not a grateful Milanista, Milan are in the worse condition than before or we have no world’s class players like years past or another “draw is good improvement for Milan” statement. Well OK, I can take it but look at the facts. Statistics show that at least there’re 17 Milan’s shots in a game and during this Serie A season, Milan have only collected 20 goals. Bold lined statement, 20 goals while there’re 17 shots per game. So the point is the quality of scoring chances isn’t as great as the quantity of scoring chances.

Another problem is a lack of chemistry. I could find it both in midfielders and defenders. If we remember about Napoli’s 1st goal, I don’t want to blame Abbiati though Galliani told him “SHITTY KEEPER!” though I know it was just a “Galliani as a fan” spontaneous reaction. But to get conceded is very normal when we remember again this one, De Jong was often left alone while Nocerino was more being busy to score than to help De Jong to mark some players. Poor defensive rating I guess, though I understand the reason why he did it. Gaps in the midfield. Another lack of chemistry problem was in central back spot. Allegri has changed a lot central back combination during this season. Yepes-Bonera, Acerbi-Bonera, Mexes-Bonera, Mexes-Zapata, Yepes-Zapata, Zapata-Bonera, Mexes-Yepes, Acerbi-Mexes and so on. I don’t say that we have to depend on 1 or 2 players only. But we have to be more consistent in squad picking for the consistence will create players chemistry. It’s a must. It’s an important stuff for football is such a team game, not only about individual skill bla bla bla.

But once again, miracle did happen. It saved us from another defeat. But frankly writing, I still wish anything more than draw result. I know Milan deserve any victory and to see how Milanisti is getting satisfied with draw results, it hurts me more or less. They said that there’re some mentality problems in team, but that’s what we have too. We believe that draw is good enough for Milan. This is not Milan and this is not Milanisti. It’s so touching to watch how Shaarawy celebrates his second goal last night, how he hugged his team mates. That view just convinced me that everything is getting harder for Milan. I can’t help myself to think of that. I miss the old powerful Milan, I miss the old optimistic Milanisti. But I still love this current Milan, I still love this current Milanisti for the fact is they are not giving up yet. Ah, I love you more boys. Be tougher and Forza Milan!   
           


0 comments:

Post a Comment

anggityamarini. Powered by Blogger.

© Bittersweet Footy Script, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena